Derwent Hill Educational Visits Advisory Service
The Advisory Service is part of Sunderland City Council and offers advice and guidance on running off-site educational visits. The service provides:
- A Code of Practice on Educational Visits for the academy to adopt.
- Advice and guidance on the planning and management of visits.
- Training for the academy's Educational Visits Co-ordinator (EVC), for which a fee is payable.
- Access to the Evolve on-line system as a tool for the academy to plan and monitor visits. This provides an audit trail of the planning, risk assessment and authorisation of visits, and reduces the paperwork involved.
- Support for setting up and using Evolve.
- Assessment and approval of plans for higher-risk visits, overseas trips and those involving adventure activities. Such approval is given as ratification of the Head's authorisation.
The following costs are based on a two-year contract starting in 2012/3.
- Standard service as described above per year: £1.00 per pupil on roll subject to a minimum fee of £900 for secondary schools and £600 for primary schools.
- Advertised full-day EVC training course: £100 per person.
- Advertised half-day EVC revalidation course: £50 per person.
The following tailored services are available at additional cost:
- Training vist leaders, group leaders and governors.
- Provision of Outdoor Learning Cards and training in their use.
- Additional support, for example in writing an academy policy or operating guidelines.
If you require more details about the services we offer please contact Andy Morris by phone on: 017687 72005 or by email: EVAS@sunderland.gov.uk
Click here to access Evolve for Sunderland schools and academies.
Click here to access Evolve for non-Sunderland schools and academies.
Click here to access the OEAP Employer Guidance .