The Discover course brings alive an exciting, new environment. A number of different experiences are used to discover Derwent Water and the Borrowdale Valley.
Boy with nibbled acorn shell
Walking in Lake District
Canoe rafts on Derwent Water
During a Discover course children will:
Enjoy new experiences
Explore the natural environment
Take their first steps towards independence
Gain personal confidence
A Discover course may include:
- journeying on the lake using canoe rafts to look at the mountains from a different perspective,
- discovering the Derwent Hill grounds using maps,
- visiting a local farm and assisting the farmer with some conservation work,environmental exploration using games,
- a walk through the valley then on to the fell to see the variety of environments and flora and fauna,
- the chance to discover what it means to be part of a team and to listen to one other.
The course ususually consists of half-day activities and is designed to limit the time spent travelling to locations. It is aimed at years 4 - 5 as a first residential experience.
Great stuff - fits in well with all of our curriculum for PSHE and other subjects
Burnside Primary School