Derwent Hill is in the heart of the Lake District National Park and overlooks Derwent Water and Borrowdale, which is widely regarded as being the most beautiful of the Lakeland valleys.
See our World class location in this fabulous video:
Getting here is easy, as we are close to the town of Keswick and the A66, but our lovely 28-acre estate is private and secluded, being almost surrounded by the River Derwent. See where we are on a map.
There are many opportunities for outdoor activities in the immediate area, including lakes, rivers, fells and forests.
Here are 10 great things about our location:
- Skiddaw, Latrigg, Cat Bells, Grisedale Pike and many other great fells are all accessible on foot from Derwent Hill.
- The Farmers Arms is only 150 metres from Derwent Hill.
- Whinlatter Forrest Park and Visitors Centre is only a short drive or cycle away from Derwent Hill.
- Derwent Hill is well known for its Lamb Henry and full Cumbrian breakfast.
- The C2C Bike Ride and Fred Whitton Cycle Route are both easily accessible from Derwent Hill.
- There are lots of excellent restaurants in and around Keswick to suit all tastes and budgets.
- Local tour companies have regular start and drop off points in Keswick.
- The nearby Lakes Distillery hopes to have its first Single Malt Whisky available soon.
- Wordsworth and the Romantic Poets have strong links with Keswick, Borrowdale and Derwent Water.
- Keswick Tourist Information Centre has lots of ideas for interesting things to do during your stay.