Prepare people for new challenges & accelerate team development
We can give you exclusive use of the Training Centre facilities during your stay, enabling you to relax and talk openly about issues and challenges, creating a clear focus on learning and development.
Derwent Hill’s fabulous setting in the English Lake District, shows your staff that they are valued both as employees and as people, motivating them for the challenges ahead and helping them to be open to a better understanding of their role and behaviour.
Our highly skilled and professional team of tutors expertly manage the training process and provide a memorable and enjoyable learning experience that delivers real change and performance improvements.
Derwent Hill proves that investing in development training and team building can provide tangible benefits in the workplace, delivering increased operational effectiveness and improved team-work and morale. At Derwent Hill, every aspect of the training process is designed to deliver your objectives and ensure positive learning outcomes.
We are happy to deliver the whole course, or to work in partnership with your trainers to deliver it, or for you hold your own event using our conference facilities.
Our five steps to achieving your outcomes
- Clarifying requirements and setting objectives
- A face-to-face, telephone or email conversation with you to investigate your requirements, priorities and objectives.
- Course design and approval
- Your course is designed through an interactive process to ensure that you are happy it meets your objectives and expectations.
- Course logistics, facilities and support
- Behind-the-scenes planning, preparation and staffing to guarantee a great experience for your delegates.
- Course delivery
- The residential training event focuses on the group, its needs and planned outcomes. We use a mix of theoretical inputs, team tasks and activities, group reviews and individual reflection. This ensures that learning takes place and strategies are developed for implementation in the workplace. The nature of the tasks and activities is chosen to meet the appropriate level of challenge, physicality, duration and style for your group and its needs.
- Course evaluation
- An email or telephone report to you by the Course Director on the group’s learning, plus feedback and identification of any issues.