We can adapt one of our standard courses, or design a course from scratch, to meet your needs. We can design courses to be delivered by our tutors, and we can also work with your staff to design a course to be delivered in partnership.
Examples of custom courses
- Exam revision weekend: in the approach to GCSEs or A-levels, a weekend at Derwent Hill with a mixture of activity time and revision time motivates young people to work hard and achieve better grades.
- Leadership: preparing to make a difference at school or beyond.
- Employability & enterprise: preparing for the world of work.
- Induction: e.g. for the whole of Year 7 or sixth form, at the start of the school year.
- GCSE: during a course at Derwent Hill, students can achieve the exam requirements for outdoor activities associated with their GCSE exam board.
- Subject – focused course: using the outdoors for real-world learning and inspiration: e.g. Geography; Science; Literacy; Creative Writing; Maths.
- Activity course: e.g. an introduction to a range of activities; an opportunity to specialise and develop skills in a particular activity; training for a Duke of Edinburgh Award expedition; an activity break or adventure holiday.